Example #1
// Get the base domain for aHostURI; e.g. for "www.bbc.co.uk", this would be
// "bbc.co.uk". Only properly-formed URI's are tolerated, though a trailing
// dot may be present. If aHostURI is an IP address, an alias such as
// 'localhost', an eTLD such as 'co.uk', or the empty string, aBaseDomain will
// be the exact host. The result of this function should only be used in exact
// string comparisons, since substring comparisons will not be valid for the
// special cases elided above.
ThirdPartyUtil::GetBaseDomain(nsIURI* aHostURI,
                              nsACString& aBaseDomain)
  // Get the base domain. this will fail if the host contains a leading dot,
  // more than one trailing dot, or is otherwise malformed.
  nsresult rv = mTLDService->GetBaseDomain(aHostURI, 0, aBaseDomain);
    // aHostURI is either an IP address, an alias such as 'localhost', an eTLD
    // such as 'co.uk', or the empty string. Uses the normalized host in such
    // cases.
    rv = aHostURI->GetAsciiHost(aBaseDomain);

  // aHostURI (and thus aBaseDomain) may be the string '.'. If so, fail.
  if (aBaseDomain.Length() == 1 && aBaseDomain.Last() == '.')

  // Reject any URIs without a host that aren't file:// URIs. This makes it the
  // only way we can get a base domain consisting of the empty string, which
  // means we can safely perform foreign tests on such URIs where "not foreign"
  // means "the involved URIs are all file://".
  if (aBaseDomain.IsEmpty()) {
    bool isFileURI = false;
    aHostURI->SchemeIs("file", &isFileURI);

  return NS_OK;
Example #2
nsresult nsZipWriter::InternalAddEntryDirectory(const nsACString & aZipEntry,
                                                PRTime aModTime,
                                                uint32_t aPermissions)
    nsRefPtr<nsZipHeader> header = new nsZipHeader();

    uint32_t zipAttributes = ZIP_ATTRS(aPermissions, ZIP_ATTRS_DIRECTORY);

    if (aZipEntry.Last() != '/') {
        nsCString dirPath;
        dirPath.Assign(aZipEntry + NS_LITERAL_CSTRING("/"));
        header->Init(dirPath, aModTime, zipAttributes, mCDSOffset);
        header->Init(aZipEntry, aModTime, zipAttributes, mCDSOffset);

    if (mEntryHash.Get(header->mName, nullptr))

    nsresult rv = header->WriteFileHeader(mStream);
    if (NS_FAILED(rv)) {
        return rv;

    mCDSDirty = true;
    mCDSOffset += header->GetFileHeaderLength();
    mEntryHash.Put(header->mName, mHeaders.Count());

    if (!mHeaders.AppendObject(header)) {
        return NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY;

    return NS_OK;
nsresult nsDefaultURIFixup::ConvertFileToStringURI(const nsACString& aIn,
                                                   nsCString& aOut)
    bool attemptFixup = false;

#if defined(XP_WIN)
    // Check for \ in the url-string or just a drive (PC)
    if(kNotFound != aIn.FindChar('\\') ||
       (aIn.Length() == 2 && (aIn.Last() == ':' || aIn.Last() == '|')))
        attemptFixup = true;
#elif defined(XP_UNIX)
    // Check if it starts with / (UNIX)
    if(aIn.First() == '/')
        attemptFixup = true;
    // Do nothing (All others for now) 

    if (attemptFixup)
        // Test if this is a valid path by trying to create a local file
        // object. The URL of that is returned if successful.

        // NOTE: Please be sure to check that the call to NS_NewLocalFile
        //       rejects bad file paths when using this code on a new
        //       platform.

        nsCOMPtr<nsIFile> filePath;
        nsresult rv;

        // this is not the real fix but a temporary fix
        // in order to really fix the problem, we need to change the 
        // nsICmdLineService interface to use wstring to pass paramenters 
        // instead of string since path name and other argument could be
        // in non ascii.(see bug 87127) Since it is too risky to make interface change right
        // now, we decide not to do so now.
        // Therefore, the aIn we receive here maybe already in damage form
        // (e.g. treat every bytes as ISO-8859-1 and cast up to char16_t
        //  while the real data could be in file system charset )
        // we choice the following logic which will work for most of the case.
        // Case will still failed only if it meet ALL the following condiction:
        //    1. running on CJK, Russian, or Greek system, and 
        //    2. user type it from URL bar
        //    3. the file name contains character in the range of 
        //       U+00A1-U+00FF but encode as different code point in file
        //       system charset (e.g. ACP on window)- this is very rare case
        // We should remove this logic and convert to File system charset here
        // once we change nsICmdLineService to use wstring and ensure
        // all the Unicode data come in is correctly converted.
        // XXXbz nsICmdLineService doesn't hand back unicode, so in some cases
        // what we have is actually a "utf8" version of a "utf16" string that's
        // actually byte-expanded native-encoding data.  Someone upstream needs
        // to stop using AssignWithConversion and do things correctly.  See bug
        // 58866 for what happens if we remove this
        // PossiblyByteExpandedFileName check.
        NS_ConvertUTF8toUTF16 in(aIn);
        if (PossiblyByteExpandedFileName(in)) {
          // removes high byte
          rv = NS_NewNativeLocalFile(NS_LossyConvertUTF16toASCII(in), false, getter_AddRefs(filePath));
        else {
          // input is unicode
          rv = NS_NewLocalFile(in, false, getter_AddRefs(filePath));

        if (NS_SUCCEEDED(rv))
            NS_GetURLSpecFromFile(filePath, aOut);
            return NS_OK;

    return NS_ERROR_FAILURE;